Operationalizing Team Meetings, Systematic Case Review & Documentation
This session is designed to review best practices related to interprofessional communication, team meetings, and documentation.
To participate in this session:
- Complete Pretest.
- Watch video.
- Complete evaluation and pay for session.
- Retrieve continuing education certificate.
Presentation slides:Operationalizing Team Meetings, Systematic Case Review & Documentation Presentation Slides SBAR Example - New Patient Case Series Toolkit
At the conclusion of this training course the participant will be able to:
- Describe key attributes of a team meeting and systematic case review.
- Use SBAR to efficiently and effectively communicate patient-specific information to clinical team members.
- Implement effective team meetings, including case review, designed to assist in the timely resolution of patient-specific issues and concerns (e.g., referral to a higher level of care, treatment intensification).
- Recognize best practices for documentation related to patient care for substance use disorder.
- Access resources to support appropriate billing for patient-care activities associated with substance use disorder treatment.
The course is intended for providers, nurses, social workers, medical assistants, community health works, and other care team members who are seeking to expand their knowledge and skills.
FacultyClaire Nolan, PharmD
Claire Nolan received her Doctor of Pharmacy degree from the Wayne State University Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences in Detroit, MI. Dr. Nolan has experience in the specialty, ambulatory, and community pharmacy practice settings. She has focused her career on continuous quality improvement, program development, and education.
Robin Schreur is a trainer for the Michigan Center for Clinical Systems Improvement (Mi-CCSI). She served as the Clinical Lead Care Manager in Ambulatory Care at Spectrum Health from 2012 until 2020. Her aim is to instill the importance of patient-centered care across the continuum of care. Robin has worked in a variety of settings including insurance-based and primary care practices, and as a behavioral health nurse at an inpatient facility. She has extensive experience in training and onboarding hundreds of clinicians in care management roles and motivational interviewing.
$25 for members; $25 for non-members
To pay for this course, please click the evaluation link.
Contact Amy Wales at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
Continuing Education Credits
Continuing Education Credit Available: Providers, Nurses & Social Workers
Session Contact Hours: 1
Conflict of Interest Disclosure: There is no conflict of interest for anyone with the ability to control content for this activity.
In order to receive credit for this activity, the learner must complete the pretest, attend the full recorded webinar, complete the posttest and evaluation, and pay for the session. Upon receipt of the posttest and evaluation, the certificate of completion will be awarded.
Click to view other sessions in this series